How do I buy extra or lost pension?

If you want to buy extra pension for your retirement you have the option of paying Additional Pension Contributions (APCs).
In some circumstances you can also buy back lost pension (for example where you have a period of authorised unpaid leave) where your employer must also pay towards buying back this lost pension if you decide to buy it within 30 days of returning to work. Please read more about Shared Cost Additional Pension Contributions (SCAPCs).
Additional Pension Contributions Calculator
There is an online calculator which shows how much it would cost to buy extra or lost pension through APCs or SCAPCs.
If you want to buy extra or lost pension, you can print off an application form to send to your employer and local Pension Fund.